Re:[MacPerl] Perl asynchrinosity and usefulness as CGI development platform

>>I'm scared of Unix.. And the thought of surrenduring to NT makes me wanna
>>gag..
>
>Learn UNIX.  It isn't that hard.  Fact is that Macs don't multitask (yet).
>When they do, they will be better.  But they don't, and they won't until at
>least late next year.  I hear Sys 7.6 (due on January) might improve
>backgroun operation, but it still isn't multitasking.

Even when Macs get protected memory and preemptive multitasking, they still
won't get processes in the sense that Unix and NT provide.  Restricting
multiple processes to require OSA-compliance was a disastrous mistake, as
they are starting to find out.

Bob Dalgleish   bob.dalgleish@sk.sympatico.ca
Web Page        http://www.sasknet.com/~dalgl/