Re: [MacPerl] User authentication

>First of all, according to the CGI 1.1 specification, the environment
>variable, REMOTE_USER, should contain the user name whenever it is sent by the
>client. (That is, whenever an already authenticated user accesses a URL that
>is part of the protected realm.) As for the password, the CGI does not provide
>this information because: one it doesn't know, nor could it; and two, it would
>be a bad idea anyway! In answer to your question then, you should be able to
>pluck the user name straight out of the ENV hash using $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}.
>
>Good Luck!

The Webstar documentation
(http://www.starnine.com/support/technotes/cgiparams-table.html) states
that Username and Password are sent to CGI programs as part of the 'sdoc'
AppleEvent class. Maybe my question now translates into how to read the
parameters from an AppleEvent through a perl script. (I'm getting quite
good at MacPerl, but my AppleScript is non-existent).

Thanks

Gauden