Re: [MacPerl] User authentication

>I'd like to be able to read the authenticated username and password from a
>secure realm in Webstar when it calls a Macperl cgi application. Is there
>any way to do this? I'm looking in the ENV hash and also %in (from cgi-lib)
>to no avail. Webstar's documentation says it does send them to cgi's, but I
>can't see where they are.
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Gauden Galea

You may need to look in the "FullRequest" parameter that contains the
entire header and information request that hit the server.  You may have to
parse it yourself (but fortunately that's pretty easy).

Dick

--
Dick Munroe                             munroe@acornsw.com
Acorn Software                          (508) 568 1618 x1

Need a web site? a web server? other web service?  Contact us...
"They told me to get Windows 3.1 or better so I bought a Macintosh!"