[MacPerl] Question from a novice....

hi all,

        i am new to a few things pertaining to this newsgroup---
AppleScript, MacPerl and CGI programming for the Mac as a whole. I have a
number of small problems--- first of all let me explain what system i
have: i have a Mac7.1.2 OS with a NetPresenz4.01 MacServer(its very
similar to WebStar and MacHTTP i think) with no cgi-bin directory; which
means all my CGI programs should have the .cgi or .acgi extension for the
server to know its a CGI program.

        -- i want to create an executable AppleScript application which
spawns off the MacPerl interpreter where I run the CGI script (i want to
do all this using the recorder facility of the Script Editor) and in my
say, HTML form, i will have the URL/file of the "ACTION" method to be
this runnable AppleScript application. But I want
the script to be not necessarily in Perl. However, I am not able to
execute any application other than MacPerl--not TeachText, not JavaRunner
nothing--from AppleScript. Can someone tell me how I would resolve this
problem. is this a good idea? or is it better to just write an AppleScript
CGI application?

        -- also, you should know by now what level of expertise i am in. i
am pretty much familiar with the theory behind the whole thing. but that
doesnt count for chickenfeed when it comes to actual sripting! so can
someone direct me to a site or book which you think might be helpful for
beginners in Mac-CGI applications , not in UNIX-CGI ones. thanks. will
keep the mail shorter in the future!!

        peace
      -------sanjay krishnan--------

        if i damned your point of view