[MacPerl] Re: Runtime and modules

"Dirk S. Tepe" <tepeds@muohio.edu> writes:
> I've run into the problem of including modules with runtime versions a PERL
> script to be distributed.  I researched the problem and found the only
> answers are including the text of the modules in the main script or using
> the string resource trick.  I'm going with a sub-folder to include with the
> application that will contain the modules for now.

> I was wondering if there is any possibility of this being fixed in future
> releases?

I refuse to categorize thing among things to be "fixed". I might consider
"improving" it, though :-)

> It seems rather un-intuitive that MacPERL does not include
> modules with the use command.

Problem is that "use" is not entirely statically determinable. At the very
least, one would have to compile the progrm in question, and even then, one
could not be entirely sure of getting all the files. Your idea does have some
merit, though.

Matthias

-----
  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_