re: [MacPerl] Making stand alone Mac programs

trr@Adobe.COM (Tim Ringwood) writes:
} Is there a away I can create a Mac Perl program
} so it will run without going the MacPerl GUI.

MacPerl has a GUI??? ( :-) :-))

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean to have scripts run
without MacPerl ever opening a window, the easiest way is never to
print anything to STDERR or STDOUT in your script.  The second easiest
way is to redirect STDOUT and/or STDERR to files.  I usually redirect
and use STDOUT while leaving STDERR for those times when something goes
wrong (then if I'm sitting there I'll see a window open in the
background). Then you can save the script as a droplet and just double
click on the droplet, put MacPerl in the background after the script
starts running, and forget about it.

}
} I would like to able to just doulbe click on it.
}
} The file will be on a network, but MacPerl will
} be local to the users machine.
}
} thanks,
}