Re: [MacPerl] An HTML spell checker

On Oct 22, 1996, Charles Cave <charles@jolt.mpx.com.au> wrote:
>I do most of my web page authoring with BBEdit. Spelling
>and typing mistakes occur frequently, and I needed a means
>of checking the spelling of files containing HTML.
>
>Unfortunately, the HTML tags get in the way of a word-processor
>spell checker.

I like your idea and I may well put your spell checker code to use, but I
just thought that I would pass along that Spellswell7 v2.0 has an option to
ignore words within < > brackets to allow you to spell check HTML documents
more easily. You can set BBEdit to use Spellswell rather than the builtin
spell checker of the commercial verion of BBEdit.

The combination of MacPerl, BBEdit and Spellswell is quite a nice
Perl/HTML/CGI SIDE (Semi-Integrated Development Environment)

        ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/    MacPerl (latest release)

        http://www.working.com/                 Spellswell

        http://www.barebones.com/               BBEdit

[I have no affiliation to either Working Software or BareBones Software.]

Regards,
Doug

    ___/   _   /  /  J. Douglas Dunlop                  <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
   /      /   /  /                                    Earth Observations Lab
   _/    /   /  /                Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science
 /      /   /  /                                    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
____/ _____/ _____/  W:416-665-5411                      North York, Ontario
                     H:519-747-1710                          CANADA, M3J-3K1
                     F:416-665-2032
                          http://www.eol.ists.ca/