Re: [MacPerl] DBM & Mac Perl

|First, make sure you understand and can live with the fundamental design
|characteristic of dbm: That it only supports a single, exact-match, key.

Also, some DBM implementations put limits on the size the value can
be, typically 1K. Last I checked, MacPerl's doesn't, but the original
poster mentioned Unix where the problem may occur, depending upon
which DBM implementations the Unix perl is built with. Check out the
AnyDBM_File documentation for a nice little chart comparing the
implementations, including any value size limits.

Brian