Re: [MacPerl] DBM & Mac Perl

Stephane Jose <jose.stephane@uqam.ca> writes:
> >I have built a custom database system based on a flat text file (return
> >delimited records, tab delimited fields). As the database file grows I'd
> >like to modify the system to use a dbm file instead.

I have written Perl scripts that use DB files, which I tested on the Mac
and then ported to Unix. The code should work fine on either platform. The
only problem is that you won't be able to move the data file (DB file)
across platforms.

The solution I used is to create an intermediate file (text format) to hold
the data when moving across platforms. You will need to write 2 extra
scripts to convert the Mac DB file to the text file, and then to convert
the text file to a Unix DB file.

-Dave