[MacPerl] Things to Remember with MacPerl OSA?

Is there anything special I need to do to use the MacPerl OSA? I've
managed to get it to do things like print strings from the ScriptEditor,
and have the results show up in the "results" window. But I can't get the
&MacPerl'Answer (and others) to work. Even after requiring Gusi.ph it
still doesn't see that as a valid subroutine.

Saving a script as Application, even one as simple as "$Fred=5;" results
in an error due to "trouble with the scripting system".

In Hypercard it will never compile the script, and crashes the entire
computer after a few tries.

System 7.5.5, Macintosh 7100/80, 48 MB RAM, VM off.

Jerry
jerry@acusd.edu               x8773        http://www.acusd.edu/~jerry/
"To the average American, Canada is fairly insignificant, as in "easily could
drop off the face of the planet, and some hunters might be miffed"
insignificant." -- Timothy Gerald Maximillian Toner