[MacPerl] Q/Sug: Calling MacPerl from AppleScript

I've been toying around with the MacPerl OSA component to find a way to use
Perl from within a FaceSpan application. I haven't found a way yet.
The most elegant solution would be to save the Perl stuff as a compiled
script and later call it with "run script sc with parameters {...}".
Apparently this isn't possible yet -- or am I missing something?

Also, it would be great if arguments and return values were automagically
converted: lists <-> arrays, records <-> assoc arrays, aliases/file specs
<-> paths, ...

If anyone can give me a start on how to add this functionality I'll have a
look at it. It might well go beyond my abilities, though.

Michael