Re: [MacPerl] macperl 5.10, cmd-., and the curser

>Tim Guinn writes:
>|>1. in the previous version of perl, cmd-period would stop a running
>|>script. which was quite convenient.
>|Curiously, this has never worked for me. Not sure if it's the kind of
>|brain dead, brute force scripts I'm writing ("Never Say Die!") or
>|something else...
>
>As I reported to Matthias a week or two ago, this worked for me in
>4.xxx, but doesn't in 5.10r2. I can't remember if it worked in 5.07
>or not and I've since thrown out 5.07 so I can't check. In 4.xxx I
>never had a problem stopping a script, even in the middle of
>compute bound, I/O free loops.

[...]

'Command period' did work in v5.0.7. Its absence in 5.1.0 is a real pain
when you make a mistake like missing off a closing quote and Perl prints
out the remainder of the script looking for the missing character. In a
long script that can be, to say the least, aggravating. There are many
occasions when I want to skip reading the rest of a file too.

I really do hope 'command period' will be back soon.

Alan