Re: [MacPerl] Need script for accounting

At 8:26 PM 11/13/96, Boris Klug wrote:
>Hi !
>
>I want to setup a accounting system for database access over the web.
>Does someone has a script for this purpose?
>
>Another important question: I know MSA, but are there more collections of
>(web-)script on the net? Is there a kind of "mother of all script
>archives" ?
>
>Where can I submit my script?
>
>Reality: |)      |/         Fon: +49-261-309571    |
>         |_)oris |\lug      Fax: +49-261-679144    | Developing for the
>E-Mail:  <mailto:boris@rhein-zeitung.de>           | Macintosh & Internet
>         <mailto:klug@uni-koblenz.de>        ------+----------------------
>Web:     <http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~klug>         |  Be, a Codewarrior!

Well in the frontier community we have the "LTODBS" or Low Tech Object Data
Base Server.  It's a general mechanism for putting things in one place for
distribution.  Since any OSA language (and perl now qualifies) can be
stored in and executed from Frontier's ODB, you can use the LTODBS if you
want.

I don't have time to implement the LTODBS client in Perl, so if someone
wants to do that I'll work with you on it but that would be an easy way to
get the distribution you need.  In addition, we (Acorn) will provide FTP
space for folks wanting to distribute perl scripts to the MacPerl
community.  This we do for the frontier community as well.

Dick

--
Dick Munroe                             munroe@acornsw.com
Acorn Software                          (508) 568 1618 x1

Need a web site? a web server? other web service?  Contact us...
"They told me to get Windows 3.1 or better...so I bought a Macintosh"