[MacPerl] Docs on extensions to MacPerl....

Hi,

I've searched the FAQs and all of the web pages for MacPerl I can find, but
I can't find any specification on the details of creating extensions to
MacPerl.

I've only read that I can make HyperCard XCMDs, but how much of the
HyperCmd interface that is implemented, and e.g. how to return an array, I
just don't know.

>From reading the source (Mac_Perl_506r1m_src.sit, DynaLoader, dl_mac.xs) it
seems like I'm able to make a normal PowerPC shared library  which then can
be bootstrap'ed much like if I'm writing an extension to perl under unix.
Is this true?? (This would be heaven, I think. Or am I mistaken?)

My situation is that I want to make a mac webserver which will be heavy cgi
based (allmost no pages are static), and I will be doing many queries to an
ODBC database. So I need to write an ODBC interface (I can't find any out
there, I don't mind publishing mine when ready)

Some of the time I will be using an Oracle database, and an ODBC open to
Oracle takes a huge amount of time (several seconds) compared to must
queries (much less than a second), so therefore I need to have an ODBC
connection open ready-for-use just like unix webservers spawns some
processes before getting the actual connections.

Any help out there?

---  Peter Speck    http://www.dat.ruc.dk/~speck/

Q.- How many developers does it take to change a light bulb?
A.- The light bulb works fine on the system in my office...