Re: [MacPerl] Docs on extensions to MacPerl....

> I've already used Tango for creating a simple "latest news" FM
> interface. Tango is way too simple for the task I have. I need full
> Perl and probably full sql (instead of Tango's simple queries). I need
> to be able to use cookies. I need to be able to use virtual web servers.

Peter, Tango works as a front end to Oracle databases (the public beta
does direct conect SQL*NET OCI as well). I'm not sure if you can get
any more "full" sql than that. I wasn't talking about FileMaker.

We are doing some pretty damn "unsimple" websites with Tango running on
a mac connecting to an Oracle database on a Solaris 2.5.1 box.

Cookies are fully supported in tango.

MacPerl on the mac != UnixPerl on solaris. They just don't compare.
It isn't the fault of Matthias who has done an EXTREMELY good job with
his port, it is just that the platforms are totally different. On a
mac, you are better off just using Tango to front end an Oracle or
MSSQL database running on a unix or nt box.

As for the rest of your "needs". Forget the Macintosh, it is still gonna
be quite a while till you will be able to do "real" virtual servers.
http://home.waidsoft.com/macfaq/

Spending time trying to write an interface for MacPerl is just a waste
of your time, you are heading in the wrong direction with this idea.

regards,

-jon

Jon (no h) S. Stevens        kid@latchkey.com
ClearInk WebMagus      http://www.clearink.com/