Re: [MacPerl] Docs on extensions to MacPerl....

At 18:42 +0000 18-11-96, John Kelly wrote:

>This is actually the part that's holding me up.
>
>What is dmake?  I'm assuming that "so on" includes CWGUSI-1.7.2 and
>InternetConfig-1.3, but what else?
>
>What would be really helpful is a little README.Compile that had a list
>of all the add-ons that we need, where to get them, where to put them,
>and a list of MPW/CodeWarrior actions necessary to get the distribution
>to compile.

I think one of the greatest problems with MacPerl in general, is a lack of
documentation. What is provided is sufficently obscure that I've not even
managed to get to the "hello world" point yet.
Adittedly I only tried in perl4 and before I actually had learned much perl
in general, but even the state of the docs in the current release is bad.

Since I think it would be unafair to lay the blame for this on Mathias, who
I'm sure has more then enough to do with cranking out source, maybe it's
time to put together a little documentation project.
Are there efforts going on that I've missed ?
Does anyone else agree and would be willing to contribute to such an effort ?

--
Party? Party, lord? Yes, lord. Right away, lord.
        - Beopunk Cyberwulf