Re: [MacPerl] loving/hating MacPerl

hammond@u.arizona.edu (Mike Hammond) writes:
>>>1. I had such trouble with the latest version of Perl5 that i finally
>>>deleted it off my harddrive and went way back and reinstalled 418. I kept
>>>getting system crashes, I was repeatedly rebuilding my desktop and doing
>>>disk repairs with Norton.
>>
>>Hmm, does anybody share this experience? Constant crashes are definitely not
>>acceptable.
>
>(Sheepishly,) I think I misunderstood something about "big". I'm
>understanding now I should have been running the version of MacPerl
>entitled "big". Is that so?

If you want to use toolbox modules on an 68K machine, yes.

> If so, could that be the source of the problems I had?

Only if you tried to use a toolbox module.

>>want to have the lib and pod folder; what to keep in them is very much a matt
er
>>of taste and disk space.
>
>so even if I dump the entire contents of the 'pod', the folder needs to be
>there?

No, in that case you are welcome to delete it.

>how much memory is ideal for 'shuck'?

It simply needs about as much memory as the combined size of the pod files
you're viewing.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_