Re: [MacPerl] 3 Questions and a Possible -Reply

An apology and a correction!

Danny Thomas' script offers the possibility to transform special bytes to tags
of the form "&#number;".
I was looking for a transformation to tags of the form "&name;" and *that* I did
not find (or did I overlook that, too ?). I should add that the "&name;" form is
my favourite.
A previous reply from Jamie McCarthy went in that direction, through a sequence
of "s" statements. The script that I referred to (in a rather vague manner) did
something similar with one "tr" statement.