[MacPerl] MacPERL - crashes on PPC-machine (Sys 7.5.3, OT1.1.1, OpenDoc 1.1)

Hello everyone,

I've noticed a number of complaints on the list recently concerning
the stability of the current release of MacPERL on PPC machines.
Unfortunately, I am experiencing problems, too:

When programming simple, PERL4 compatible scripts, I get
regular crashes (type 28 so far or complete freezes) The error
number seems to mean "Stack has moved into application heap" -
according to a sys-error list I snarfed from the net a while back.

I do run my machine with a lot of extension I don't really absolutely
need (MacInTalk for example, or QD3D) but I am loathe to manage
several different configurations, just to be able to run MacPERL
in its current  incarnation: 5.1.0r2(21Oct96). The latest
MacPERL 4 runs flawlessly.

Will I need to submit a complete listing of all extensions, libraries
Sys-version and Machine ID in order to be helpful here?
What kind of info will be needed?

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System