[MacPerl] please help: How can I execute Perl script offline?

Hi,

I have been programming in Perl in Unix environment and want now to use my
Mac at home (that is offline) to write Perl scripts and modify them later
to Unix environment. I find it difficult to download and correct the perl
script to correct a small spelling mistake. It would be much easier if I
could write the whole script and test it in Mac and modify it later to Unix
Perl environment.

I have downloaded MacPerl but am unable to set it up correctly.

I use BBEdit to write scripts and upload them to Unix server.

I want to know how to set up MacPerl in order to interact with it through
HTML pages that are locally stored in my machine.

Unfortunately and strangly I am unable to find answer to my question at
websites related to MacPerl.

I would appreciate any help on this.

With Kind regards
Jeyachandran Kopinath

  Kopinath Jeyachandran,   kopinath@a.sn.no
  Webdesigner              http://www.sn.no/home/kopinath/
  Schibsted Nett AS        +47-2258-3959  (my desk)
                           +47-2258-3800  (Work, reception)
                           +47 909 28 465 (mobile phone)