Re: [MacPerl] MCF files, BBEdit extensions

In message <v02130504aed70ba9ac04@[206.113.21.246]> you write:
>At 2:46 12/13/96, oszarazi@cuug.ab.ca wrote:
>>Is there a pod reader for BBE?  If there is that would be sortof
>>cool... especially if it worked in combination with the perl filters
>>and such and if it all ran "smallish".  Otherwise, I'm stuck I guess.
>>(I didn't see any way to make any info files outta the pods, and don't
>>know whether the Emacs 18.9 port even runs with my copy of Perl 4.36.)
>
>The problem is that BBEdit (Bare Bones Editor) doesn't do text formatting.
>The best solution, IMO, would be to have an extension that does what
>command-K does for HTML files and Web browsers; if you hit select the
>extension it would launch Shuck with the current POD file.

Another alternative attractive might be to package the pod2text script as
a BBEdit filter, this would allow to read Pod files in BBEdit.

Matthias

-----
  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_