Re: [MacPerl] MCF files, BBEdit extensions

At 2:46 12/13/96, oszarazi@cuug.ab.ca wrote:
>Is there a pod reader for BBE?  If there is that would be sortof
>cool... especially if it worked in combination with the perl filters
>and such and if it all ran "smallish".  Otherwise, I'm stuck I guess.
>(I didn't see any way to make any info files outta the pods, and don't
>know whether the Emacs 18.9 port even runs with my copy of Perl 4.36.)

The problem is that BBEdit (Bare Bones Editor) doesn't do text formatting.
The best solution, IMO, would be to have an extension that does what
command-K does for HTML files and Web browsers; if you hit select the
extension it would launch Shuck with the current POD file.

I have never written a BBEdit extension, but it doesn't sound too complicated.

perl -e 'srand();if(rand>.5){$i=0;foreach(@ARGV){@$i=split(//);$z
[$i]=0;foreach(@$i){$s[$i][$z[$i]]=$_;$z[$i]++;}$i++;}foreach(@s)
{foreach(@$_) {print}print" ";$_++}}else{print(join(" ", @ARGV))}
print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                              http://pudge.net/