[MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl Announcement] MacPerl 5.1.1 released

At 4:48 AM -0800 1/6/97, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>If that strategy conforms essentially to the rumors
>circulating at the moment, I can probably take MacPerl to a quiet spot in my
>backyard and shoot it.

Matthias, I *strongly* disagree. I doubt Apple, regardless of their
"strategy", is going to make it impossible for MacPerl to run on the new
OS. And given their horrible design process, Apple is unlikely to come up
with a scripting language that would replace MacPerl for ease of use and
robustness.

Sorry, you're not free of us yet. :-)

--Paul Hoffman