Re: [MacPerl] MacPGP.pm 1.0b1 Ready

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Chris Nandor wrote:

> Hey, if anyone else is interested in beta testing MacPGP.pm let me know,
> because it is ready now.  There is still some work left to do, but it is
> looking good (IMO).  It is my first foray into AppleEvents, and my first
> major module development, and I think it is going well so far ...

Sorry to jump into this late (I'm whoafully backed up on mailing list
stuff), but is this all that wise??  I thought Phil Zimmermann warned
advised against using PGP on multi-user systems.  I thought that it
only gave a "pretty good" environment if it was run on a machine
dedicated solely to encryption work, and, isn't anything that is
AppleEvent scriptable by definition a multi-user machine??

(Sorry to be such a brat ... but I'm trying hard to learn, here.)

Bad security (I thought) was worse than no security, mainly cause it
always leads to a "false sense of safety".  Did Phil change his views
on this??  Or am I also (behind) on PGP developments, as well as this
mail list.