Re: [MacPerl] New MacOS

At 17:56 -0500 1/6/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
>What exactly are the issues involved in a new MacOS on the NeXT framework
>in regards to MacPerl?
>
>Now, I am going to assume that a 7.5 virtual machine will run on the new
>OS.  But AppleEvents, Gestalt, Resources, is that all gone and dead?

>I replaced the headlights in my car with strobe lights, so it looks
>like I'm the only one moving.

  For users, there aren't any issues until about a year and a half from
now, if one sticks with "public" releases.  Developer releases will offer
opportunities to suffer sooner.

And it appears that with my old, slow Mac (8100/80), I may not care (that
is, the rumors suggest I may not be able to suffer should I want to).

   --John