[MacPerl] Beginner trying to learn Perl on my Mac

Hi: Mac Perl users

I bought the book Learn Perl in 21 days from my local book store.

Naturally, I started reading, got a copy of MacPerl v5.1.0r2 and had a few
problems. I hoping someone out there can get me going.

I've got a Quadra 660av with 16MB memory and a little bit of disk space.
That's my present setup.

1st problem:
Every time I select open file with MacPerl loaded the system hangs.
I can only recover by booting. I basically open a Macperl program by double
clicking on an existing program and it loads and I'm able to save file.

2nd problem

I chapter 6 "Reading & Writing files". I could read files as long as I
specified Mac path to file but there was no way that I could create a file
within a MacPerl program.  Any information here will greatly appreciated.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay
Jay Paulin           Bell Atlantic Directory Graphics (BADG)

                            \\\|///
                            \ ~ ~ /
                           (\ @ @ /)
                          Jay Paulin
                   E-Mail:jpaulin@badg.com
                       Voice: 610-650-5069

        Take time to help others....They may be rich one day.