[MacPerl] Runtime Apps with 5.1.1

I started a recent thread about runtime apps not working in Perl 5,
and found that this was a known problem that should be fixed in 5.1.1.
I finally had a chance this weekend to get 5.1.1 installed but I do
not see any change in the way runtime apps work - they are still
broken as far as I can tell.

Can anyone confirm this?

My simple test -
Start MacPerl 5.1.1
Select FILE|NEW
Type: print "hello, world";
Select FILE|SAVE
change name to test.run
select TYPE Runtime Version
SAVE
Exit MacPerl
Double Click on test.run

My Results -
MacPerl menubar appears - no MacPerl Window or output

This is the same result I got with 5.1.0.
The 5.1.1 revision history says it fixed runtime apps. Is there a
different problem that was fixed but this one remains? Or am I doing
something wrong.

Configuration: 6150/66, 40MB, System 7.5.5
Installation: Selected "for this Macintosh", trashed MacPerl 4.1.8 folder
and MacPerl Preferences and emptied trash before installing 5.1.1.

Later,
Scott Weaver
sweaver@bluenova.com