[MacPerl] Is there a Macintosh Easy Open doctor in the house ?

While tracking a bug in MacPerl, I stumbled across extremely strange code
in Macintosh Easy Open that I think could be a (rarely hit) bug in the system.
For some unclear reason, this bug seems to hit MacPerl much more frequently
than other applications.

So could I ask the Apple employees on this list whether anyone of you
could recommend me a person familiar with the inner workings of Easy Open?
I could imagine that, if this is indeed a bug, Apple might be interested
to learn about it, and I would be interested to learn how to work around
it.

I realize that this sort of requests is not quite the proper way to
proceed, and I promise I won't ask this too often, but I'd appreciate
the help.

Matthias

-----
 `We say "gestalt" when things combine to act in ways we can't explain'
                             -- Marvin Minsky, _The Society Of Mind_