Re: [MacPerl] CPAN

At 16:37 1/14/97, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
>Chris Nandor wrote:
>
>>Now, if this were the only issue, it would probably be OK with everyone to
>>do it this way.  However, there is also the second issue:
>>
>>2.)  In order to get properly integrated into CPAN, the files in the
>>archive (the module and readme) need to be in UNIX linebreak format.  Then
>>in order to use the files, the user had to put them back into Mac linebreak
>>format.  This could be a pain.
>
>StuffIt Expander with the Expander Enhancer converts from UNIX to Mac
>linebreaks automatically (at least for me) and 'tar' for the Mac also has
>the option to do this.

Hmmm ... I just looked at it, and it does NOT do this when expanding .sit
files.  But it did do it properly when expanding my .tar.gz archive.  So
there you have it ...

Sounds like more evidence in favor of just doing .tar.gz and forgetting Mac
formats ...

The principal's toupee is not a Frisbee.

        --Bart Simpson

Chris Nandor                                              pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                                      http://pudge.net/