[MacPerl] scalar question

Hi everyone.  I'm writing a script that contains some text in a variable
$buf:
$FORM{'fname'} $FORM{'lname'} was, tragically enough, unable to finish
*poss*
$FORM{'adj1'} assignment for $FORM{'subject'} class.

I'm trying to get it to print the text with the $FORM keyed array values
inserted, but it always prints it literally.  how do i force it to
evaluate?

I've tried both
print $buf;
and
print "$buf";

neither works.

thanks for your help.

af

                                 -===-
        "...everybody is making love or else expecting rain..."
                                  - bob dylan

andrew fiore / beany@nando.net / beany@mindspring.com / anandroid@aol.com

             http://www.jordan.durham.k12.nc.us/
             http://www.webbuild.com/~beany/tip/