Re: [MacPerl] OSA and MacPerl

Ben S Arnold wrote:

> How does one go about setting up MacPerl for OSA?  For Frontier??  I'd like
> to be able to call MacPerl from within Frontier, as in something like
> MacPerl.doScript, but Frontier, as far as I can tell, didn't come with any
> MacPerl verbs, and neither did MacPerl (4.2, 5.1.3 respectively).  Also, my
> Apple script editor doesn't recognise MacPerlese (it only gives me
> AppleScript and UserLand and language options).
>
> -Ben

Use the Script Editor File:Open Dictionary command to open the MacPerl
application. You will see that MacPerl includes:

Required Suite: Events that every application should support
Core Suite: Suite that applies to all applications
Class Application: An application program
Class Window: A window
Class Character: A Character
Class Word: A Word
many more classes of objects and, finally,

MacPerl Suite: Our custom events
 including
Do Script: Execute a Perl script

Hope this helps.

--- Tom Kennedy -- tomKenn@erols.com ---
Hellrung's Law: "If you wait, it will go away."  Shavelson's Extension:
"...after
having done its damage."  Grelb's Addition: "If it was bad, it will be back."