[MacPerl] Shutdown and MacPerl

I have written a small set of Perl scripts which, when I
log onto my ISP, it uploads what IP address I am currently
on so people can get to my web server.  When I'm through
and I want to shut down the Mac I wrote a script which puts
a nice "I'm sorry..." message back onto my ISP's web page.
This allows me to be rather flexible in when I get onto my
ISP and I do not have to hog a line.

Anyway, I get this really strange message when I am
shutting down my system.  I'm running under System 7.5.3
and the program is in the SHUTDOWN folder.  The program
(called LOGOUT.PL [not in caps though - I did that just to
offset the name from the rest of the text]) comes up and
then says something like "Are you sure you want to continue
this program?" with a cancel button and a highlighted quit
button.

If I press the quit button the program quits.  Duh.  But if
I press the cancel button it finishes moving the web page
to the ISP (the one with the "I'm sorry..." message).

Ok - so here are my questions:

1. Why the message?  Of course I want the program to run -
that's why I put it into the shutdown procedures.

2. Why CANCEL and QUIT?  Shouldn't that be RUN and QUIT?

*Soapbox ranting - ON*
I really hate second-guesser programs.  Which is why I like
MacPerl (or rather Perl) and Unix so much.  Neither Perl
nor Unix try to second-guess what you really want to do.
They just try to do it.  If there was one thing I really
really wish I could do with the Mac - it would be to turn
off these "Are you sure?" questions.  I can't stand them.
:-) I've got the trash's "Are you sure?" turned off and
under 7.5.3 I've turned off the "You didn't shut this
computer down properly" message.  Hell!  I KNOW I didn't
turn the computer off properly - it froze up on me and I
had to reboot!  Who needs the stupid computer coming back
and berrating you about having had to do so?
*Soapbox ranting - OFF*

Thank you.  :-)