Re: [MacPerl] Is "Document contains no data" prob related to MacPerl? (fwd)

Another thing related to this is that *if it is a timeout problem* you
should be sure to get the header line out as soon as possible (the part that
says "Content-type: text/html\n\n").

At 04:14 PM 2/19/97 -0600, Mark Manning/Metrica wrote:
>According to Mohit Sabharwal:
><snip>
>> file, Netscape gives me a "Document contains no data" error.
>
>This can occur for several reasons (obviously) but the most
>prominate (sp?) one is that MacPerl took too long to
>respond to the server and thus to the browser.  So the
>browser took it to mean that there wasn't any data (ie:
>web page) forthcoming.  Try breaking up the request into
>smaller chunks or move the MacPerl script and database (if
>any) to the ram drive so they will execute faster.  Or
>download Quid Pro Quo and see how to write C/C++ routines
>to interface with a server.
>
>Basically, you need something to execute faster.  Whether
>it be a smaller script, faster OS, faster machine, faster
>language, or whatever.  :-)

Bob Anzlovar (rca@ssds.com)     Live your life as a tale to be told...
                                always make the more interesting choice