Re: .pl suffix (was: [MacPerl] open() misfeature? )

Chris Nandor said:
> At 23.14 97/2/21, Jeff Keys wrote:
> >If you go into 'function popups' in BBEdit Preferences, you can add other
> >extensions for any of the languages it parses. You can add .cgi, .pm, .lib
> >or whatever for perl.
>
> But you can't tell it to do anything to an extension-less filename.

I wish all these other editors would standardise the emacs local-variables
block embedded in comments towards the end of a file, e.g. at the end of any
perl file put...

# Local Variables:
# mode: perl
# End:

...to tell the editor to use perl mode for editing, highlighting, etc...