Re: [MacPerl] running a macperl script from another machine

At 9:46 03.03.97 mark@cheers.jsc.nasa.gov said:

>This can be done by using the FTPd program

Now known as NetPresenz.

>program.  Great way to hang up your mac though!  Also, it
>leaves your mac open for anyone to do anything to the
>system.  Don't remember if there is a password entry or
>not.  :-/

Yes, there is.

There was a security hole in the FTP part of NetPresenz 4.0,
but the problem no longer exists (according to Peter Lewis,
the author) in 4.0.1+

NetPresenz does support "process control (launching, listing
or quitting applications)". [from the documentation]

As the docs warn, though: "Be afraid.  Be very afraid"

But now this is straying far from MacPerl, so I'll shutup.

tpg

--

Tim Guinn                  | guinn@mail.utexas.edu
LAN Administrator          | http://www.utexas.edu/admin/purchasing/