Re: [MacPerl] Alpha->Shuck hack

Dan Herron <herron@cogsci.ucsd.edu> writes:
>2) make it look up not just Perl keywords, but Mac-specific stuff as well
>   (Matthias--can we build a POD index file for the Mac stuff? Is there a
>   reason you can't look that stuff up in Shuck?)

No, there is no reason except lazyness (If I remember correctly, the index
building tools are in the distribution, so for once it might not be only *my*
lazyness :-).

>3) hire a Scottish scientist to clone Matthias (ok, not specific to Shuck,
>   but...)

At one time, there were plenty of geneticists on this mailing list. However,
cloning would get you my bad features as well as the good ones. It would
probably be better to use part of my genome to breed a master race of
three-toed sloths with MacPerl hacking skills. They would certainly be cheaper
to maintain and more graceful to behold, and quite possibly more
productive as well.

Matthias

-----
  "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
   they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson