[MacPerl] mailer example

hi there...

I am busy converting a number or unix perl files over to MacPerl to run on
my web server.  I am getting stuck on translating some of my programs that
send e-mail.  After some research I came upon the MacSMTP library, and
according to what I see it is all up and running.  However, the SMTP server
that I am using appears to drop the mail I am sending it and it never
reaches my account.

I was wondering if someone who is using a bit of script using MacSMTP in a
guestbook cgi or the like would send me a copy of the code so that I can
see some basic code in action.  The mail it code is a neat little program,
but I want to see a very basic use of the library so I can see what the
heck I am doing wrong.

Also.. if you know of another reliable library or other that I can use,
pkease let me know.

thanks...

--davey                *         http://www.iquest.net/~davey23
David C. LeFevre       *         ROTD: Davey's daily web column:
davidcl@iquest.net     *    http://cord.iupui.edu/~dclefevr/ROTD.html
  JOIN US for MST3k!!!!  The 'new' Crow T. Robot: "I'm Different!"