[MacPerl] Made with MacPerl?

I can't decide if this is a really horrible idea or not. If it strikes
anybody as completely repellent, feel free to attribute it to lack of
sleep, or a sudden, sharp blow on the head or something. So ...

One of the growing fads seems to be for 'Made With ...' icons to add to
your Web pages to describe the software/hardware tools you used in
constructing them. See, for instance:

	http://www.barebones.com/builtwith.html
	http://the-tech.mit.edu/Macmade/macmade.html
	http://www.hughes.com.au/contact/user_feedback/

I've previously regarded these things with revulsion, but in a sudden
weakness of spirit, I suddenly felt tempted to sprinkle a couple discreetly
on some lesser-used part of my site (not on the front page, though - let's
not exaggerate here), simply out of a vague fuzzy feeling of goodwill
towards the products in question. Before the fit had passed completely, I
wondered if there'd be any mileage in a 'Made with MacPerl' logo and
appropriate links.

You might well ask why. After all, Matthias isn't selling anything, so it's
questionable how useful it would be to him to have bewildered newbies
thrashing the 'ethz.ch' server, uncertain what a macperl is or how you'd
use one, but perhaps vaguely hoping that it might be a new and interesting
source of pornographic images ("Cor! Women'n'camels ... well 'ard stuff!
Better check that one out!"). He may not even *want* to raise the awareness
of MacPerl in the public consciousness. Still, it occurred to me that if I
*was* going to start crediting various software products by smearing their
logos all over my site, then MacPerl deserved a mention.

Reactions? Would anyone be interested in such a scheme? Would it serve any
practical purpose? Or do I need to shut down NetScape and get a life? (The
answer to the last question is almost certainly 'Yes', but I'd be
interested to hear your responses to the first two).

angus@pobox.com                             http://pobox.com/~angus

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time will not decay.   "Democracy"
 I'm junk but I'm still holding out my little wild bouquet."   Leonard Cohen