[MacPerl] MacPerl aete reader

Version 1 of my aete reader for MacPerl is now available at:

<http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/widgets.html>
-or-
<ftp://ftp.ee.gatech.edu/pub/mac/Widgets/aete.converter_1.0.sea.hqx>

>From the web page:
This perl script reads the aete (Apple Event Terminology Extension)
resource from an application and converts it to a text file. The format of
the
resulting file is the same as that used by the Aete2Rez script which comes
with the MacPerl distribution.

Basically, this thing reads the aete resource and converts it to something
that looks like the example below, which in this case comes from MacPerl
itself.

There are a couple of bugs...
1) I'm not convinced that the flags (LIST, ENUM, etc...) are always, if
ever, correct.
2) Some applications store parts of the aete in strange places. FrameMaker
is an
example of one that does this. As a result, not all of the aete gets
converted.

This is one step toward an automatic generator of application "glue" files,
but it
should be useful now for people trying to create them on their own.

--- Example Output ---
@SUITE "Required Suite", "Events that every application should support",
'reqd'

@EVENT "Open", "Open documents", 'McPL', 'odoc'
@REPLY 'null', "", OPT, LIST, ENUM
@DIRECT 'LIST', "List of documents to open", OPT, LIST, ENUM, NOCHANGE

@EVENT "Quit", "Quit application", 'aevt', 'quit'
@REPLY 'null', "", OPT, LIST, ENUM
@DIRECT 'LIST', "No direct parameter required", OPT, LIST, ENUM, NOCHANGE
@PARAM  "save", 'savo', 'savo', "if true, save all windows without asking
user, if false, don't save.", OPT, LIST, ENUM

@SUITE "Core Suite", "Suite that applies to all applications", 'core'

@CLASS "Application", 'capp', "An application program"
@PROPERTY "Clipboard", 'pcli', '****', "contents of the clipboard", LIST,
ENUM, RDWR
@PROPERTY "Frontmost", 'pisf', 'bool', "Is frontmost application?", LIST,
ENUM, RDWR
@PROPERTY "Name", 'pnam', 'TEXT', "the name", LIST, ENUM, RDWR
@PROPERTY "Version", 'vers', 'TEXT', "version", LIST, ENUM, RDWR
@ELEMENT 'cwin', 'indx'
@ELEMENT 'cwin', 'name'
[...]

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley                 | Hey, New York,
Ph.D. in progress                 |  Please restore Georgia's state flag
Georgia Tech Electric Power       | to its rightful place in your
email: schooley@ece.gatech.edu    | capitol building.
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/
Cyberdog ---A Product of Apple Computer, Inc.