Re: [MacPerl] Simple question (I hope)

>I've seen the macperl preferences but I've not found an option like "output
>text will be opened with..." that allows me to choose macperl as the
>"default" text editor for such files.

It is possible to use ResEdit to modify the MacPerl application so that
the files created by a Perl script will have BBEdit (or any other
application) as the creator (rather than MPW). Open the MacPerl
application with ResEdit and open the resource of type GUSI (where the
"S" in GUSI is actually a capital sigma). The field named "Creator of
created files" contains a four character application signature. Change
the text of this field to R*ch (the application signature of BBEdit) and
save the modified MacPerl application. If you want MacPerl to be the
default creator then substitute McPL for R*ch in the previous sentence.

Brad