Re: [MacPerl] perl->c supporting Mac extensions?

At 14.47 97/4/2, Stephane Jose wrote:
>Matthias,
>
>Will there ever be a MacPerl extension allowing to save a script as a
>non-editable/non-readable droplet or cgi, like Apple's Script Editor does
>for applescripts?
>
>Is such an extension doable?

Yes, it is doable (I think!).  No, it is not desirable (I am not speaking
for Matthias here, but for the general sentiment of the Perl community).

Perl is founded on openness of code.  Of course, there is nothing forcing
you to comply with that philosophy, but when you realize that without such
openness you never would have been able to do or learn what you have done
and learned, then it becomes hard to justify non-readable scripts.

Chris Nandor                                      pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6