Re: [MacPerl] newbie query

Daniele,

I'm in a similar situation: on a Mac, trying to use Unix server resources as
little as possible. What I've been doing is adapting the test scripts to run
in the Mac environment, and then test only select scripts on Unix. If you
use MacHTTP, you can set your own machine up as a server and execute any
basic perl script you would also use on Unix; you simply cannot use
Unix-specific OS calls on the Mac. Depending on what you'll be using perl
for, this can work out quite well.

-Paul

>I'm frustred cause my account is running under UNIX
> and for  to test my scripts i must
>to "upload-download-telnet-fetch-netscape-press here pull here etc.etc.etc...".
>There's a way to * REALLY* test simples Perl scripts (for unix servers)
>using Machttp or Quidproquo , Macperl , and a Powermac with 7.5.3 &OT1.1.1
>(freePPP2.5)
>All this OFFLINE ?
>Note, i would to make it work really ( surely without UNIX functions , like
>date, etc....ok!)
>not only check syntax.
>Thanks
>
>Daniele Nencini
>Firenze - Italia
>mailto:ddd@dada.it

Paul Wayne Rodney, Ph.D.

Consultant, Mountain Muse Publications              Quark Technical Support
Englewood, Colorado 303.762.8934                    Quark, Inc.
http://www.mt-muse.com/home/                        http://www.quark.com