[MacPerl] Apple Events... More Examples Available?

Hello.

I've recently been poking around with AppleEvents, and I've not found much help with the documentation available.

Specifically, I'm trying to implement a little application that one of my co-workers has done something similar to in C, but I haven't been able to figure out what some of the AppleEvent functions need as parameters.

The functions I'm most interested in are:

AECreateAppleEvent( which would, I suppose, necessitate the need for AEDesc )
AEPutParam( if, in fact, it's analogous to AEPutParamPtr )

I've successfully used AEBuildAppleEvent, but the application I'm trying to communicate with needs a few more parameters.

The pod for AppleEvents states:

AEBuildAppleEvent CLASS, ID, ADDRESSTYPE, ADDRESS, RETURNID, TRANSACTIONID, FORMAT, PARMS, ....

but MacPerl complains about any additional parameters I try to use. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what's expected as a parameter for the "PARMSÉ".

I was wondering if anyone has done anything more complex using AppleEvents than the examples available in the Perl Anarchists Cookbook and would be willing to share their work/findings/suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

-Kent

Kent Cowgill .---'''''---... 1 West State Street
Intersites, Inc. 'i n t e r s i t e s. Geneva, IL 60134
kentc@intersites.com http://www.intersites.com/
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.