Re: [MacPerl] Using Mac NDBM files with Unix Perl

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997 16:20:53 -0800 (PST) jerry@pwa.acusd.edu (Jerry Stratton)
wrote:

>I'm trying to upload some MacPerl NDBM files to my Unix site for web
>use. Do I need to do some sort of conversion? My MacPerl databases are
>single file; Unix Perl seems to expect ".pag" and ".dir" files.
>
>What do I need to do to my MacPerl NDBM files to use them on Unix?

On the UNIX side, you need to say

     use DB_File;

before doing any "dbm" accessing -- that way, UNIX will expect the same
database files as you're making on the Mac (as long as you transfer in
binary, etc)

DB_File requires the "Berkeley DB" library to be installed on your system.
If you don't have that installed, you won't be able to do this.

Roger