[MacPerl] Re: use of Mac::Files::

dvanhee@sga.ulb.ac.be (Dominique Vanhee) writes:
>"Bonjour" to the MacPerl users.

Hi.

>I'm a new user of MacPerl. I want to write some script
>to facilitate my work on my very little Mac.
>
>(1) My question :
>When I want use the (Mac::...) libs I always obtained the message :
>===================================
> # Can't load lib:auto:Mac:Memory:Memory' for
>module Mac::Memory:
> # DynaLoader error [-2804, Perl]. File

You have an 68K Macintosh, so only BigMacPerl will allow you to use Mac::File.

>(2)  One more question :
>Is there a simple method to identify an invisible file (for example a
>custom icon file) in the list return by a readdir ?

Yes, with File::GetCatInfo.

>My config :
>MacPerl 5.1.3r2
>Mac LCIII 8 Mo RAM
>MacOS 7.5.5

As I said, an 68K Mac.

>Finally : excuse me for my very poor english.

Looks good enough.

Matthias

-----
  "I've yet to find anything in [Dungeons & Dragons] that is much of a danger
   to anyone, unless you consider wrist injuries due to the throwing of dice
   to be a major societal threat." -- Patrick Crumhorn