Re: [MacPerl] startup disk

NOTICE: Parts of the following message were brought to you by Ken Cartner, the letter "A", and the number "4".

> I'm trying to set a variable to a folder inside the Preferences folder of
> the system folder. As long as I use the hard drive's name in the path,
> everything works fine.

Use FindFolder.pl, which comes as part of MacPerl's library. This should
work even if the user speaks Greek and has a preference folder named
something other than "Preferences".

------ from FindFolder.pl ------
#
# &MacPerl'FindFolder($foldertype [, $create])
#
# Where $type is one of:
#

[snip]

# F[onts]
# P[references]
# M[onitor Printing]

[snip]

#
# If "true", $create specifies that the folder should be created if it
# doesn't exist yet.
#
-----

later,