Re: [MacPerl] Checking perl syntax from BBEdit

>Hi there!
>
>How can I check the syntax of a perl script _directly_ from BBEdit without
>actually running the script or manually opening it in MacPerl.
>
>Is there a BBEdit extension out there that would send the script to MacPerl
>for _checking_ only?

Put "#!perl -c" as the first line in the script. When you want to run the
script take out the '-c'.

I'm working on a revision of my BBEdit extensions for MacPerl that
includes a Check Perl Syntax extension. An incomplete copy of the
revision (missing a few things, but including the Check Perl Syntax
extension) is at

   ftp://members.aol.com/bradh5/bbedit/run_macperl_11.sit.hqx

Brad Hanson