Re: [MacPerl] CGI and webserver under Mac-O/S 7.6

> I just need a few pointers as to where to get the best software (server
> especially) and any "gotcha"s as to the use and installation.  I would also
> like to know if CGI.pm runs under the proposed webserver.  This is really
> important 'cause I have to port all of my neat CGIs to a
> portable/standalone system for demos in about 14 days.  If I can get the
> server and CGI.pm up and running, I'm in there.

i had a similar thing to do a month or two ago, coming from hacking
perl/web servers on linux.  i used a free web server called quid pro
quo (formerly known as webcenter).  worked like a charm.  you should
get the latest macperl (and make sure to save your scripts as 'CGI
script' in order for them to work).  you can get quid pro quo from:

http://www.slaphappy.com

there's also a mailing list for it available at the web site.

cgi.pm works like a charm under macperl and quid pro quo.  setting up
the server is simple.  once i had the software, i went from having
never written a cgi or used a web server on a mac to running cgi's is
less than an hour.

good luck.

Ian Kremenic, M.Eng.                   ian@nismat.org
Research Assistant/Network Admin.      http://www.nismat.org
Nicholas Institute for Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma