Re: [MacPerl] Help with Perl/Browser data transfer

At 6:13 am +0200 09.05.97, Len wrote:
>Just getting started with MacPerl5. I know there has to be a way to run
>Perl scripts local using the form tag in html. When I use the POST method
>Netscape finds the script, but does not run it. How do I get my scripts to
>run local and pass variables from html to Perl as ENV variables, so I can
>debug ?

It can't be done (as far as I know) unless you're running a Web server on
your machine.

Your options are basically two:

  1. Install a Web server (WebStar, MacHTTP) and access your
     pages through that as you would any other Web server
  2. Test your scripts separately, feeding them the required
     environment variables manually (i.e. by hacking them
     into the code of the script temporarily).

If I'm wrong about this, I'd be fascinated to hear about it.

angus@pobox.com                             http://pobox.com/~angus

"If I repent anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior.
 What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?"     [H.D. Thoreau]