Re: [MacPerl] - Unix vs Mac file commands

>     Long and short of it... Would anybody be kind enough to point me to
>a reference for converting Perl scripts built for UN*X to Mac?
>Specifically the file commands...

Relative file paths are OK.
Colon separators replace the /'s
Current working directory (CWD) is :
One up directory is ::
Two up is :::  etc.
If there are no colons the name is a file in the CWD.

If there is at least one colon and the name does not start with a colon it
is a full path to a named disk.

If the path starts with a colon it starts in the CWD

If the name ends with a colon it is a directory.

EVERYTHING but the colon is allowed in a file name. That even includes
linefeeds and returns which are sometimes used to hide things from the
finder. It makes for interesting quoting rules.

GET and use MPW. The Perl tool is perfectly suited to MPW and MPW is just
like UNIX with all the things you want in the command lines. You'll love it.